PAYMENTS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions for all bookings
• All information provided on this website is subject to change.
• In the first instance, bookings can be made by completing the enquiry form on our website which will automatically generate an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an automatic confirmation that your request has been received by return email.
• On receipt of your booking request, we endeavour to reply to you within 48 hours with a fully detailed itinerary and quotation.
• On Track Rail Tours are not financially responsible for any financial loss caused by missed connections. Before boarding a train, check departure screens or station staff that you are on the correct service. In the event of a delayed or cancelled service the ticket will need to be endorsed by the train conductor or at the booking office locally.
• Each person travelling must have a valid passport. On Track Rail Tours are not responsible for any financial loss caused by not having necessary passports and/or visas as required.
• Please ensure your travel insurance covers missed connections, delays, cost of replacement tickets, as well as accident, medical, theft cover etc. If your travel involves EU countries please ensure each traveller carries a current E111 or EHIC card.
• All bookings and prices are made subject to availability. In the case of travel at busy periods e.g. Easter, Christmas, School holidays, please be aware that often it may only be possible to book at higher fares or alternative dates/times. We will advise this at the time of booking.
• Problems are best resolved at the time they occur. Contact the hotel owner/manager or the senior conductor/station supervisor if you encounter difficulties. We can only follow up complaints up to 1 month from your return date.
• Payment is accepted by bank transfer, and an electronic invoice/receipt will be issued at the time of payment.
• Due to the time taken for clearance we can only accept cheques as a form of payment in exceptional circumstances.
When purchasing short breaks or tailor-made holidays – specific terms and conditions
• A deposit of £250 per person will be taken when a booking is made or full payment if within 2 months of travel date. Full payment is due once the complete holiday arrangement is confirmed.
• Late bookings can be made up to 14 days before departure.
• Full details of your holiday will be confirmed when all the arrangements are booked.
• Travel documents will be forwarded by post or email at least 14 days before departure. Travel documents must be checked on receipt and any discrepancies advised within 7 days.
• After this period any changes will be charged as shown below:
Amendment and cancellation fees (short breaks only)
• Amendment fees for change of date is £50 per person, amendments not possible within 20 days before departure (subject to availability). This is subject to any increase in hotel and train tariffs which will be advised when the amendment is completed.
• Cancellation fees are applied as follows:
Up to 30 days before departure = 25%
Up to 20 days before departure = 50%
20 days or less = 100%
These charges apply on receipt of written cancellation received by letter or email.
When purchasing tailor-made and pet travel bookings (rail only) – specific terms and conditions
• A non-refundable booking fee will be charged at the time of booking. This is calculated as a 7.5% charge on the total cost of all rail tickets per person (capped at a maximum value of £25.00 per person), plus a personal charge as follows:
Adults - £5.00 per traveller
Youths - £4.00 per traveller
Children - £2.00 per traveller
Senior Citizens - £3.00 per traveller
Infants – free of charge
Pets – free of charge
For any ticket amendments a fee of £10.00 per traveller will be charged.
For any ticket cancellations a fee of £10.00 per traveller will be charged.
Most train journeys can only be booked 3-6 months before return travel date. We will hold your hotel reservation until we can complete your holiday reservation. Once this has been completed we will contact you again and confirm with an invoice. There is no extra charge for this service.
• Eurostar Tickets are priced in £ sterling, with all other European rail tickets being priced in Euros converted to £ sterling at a fixed exchange rate decided by the company.
Validity of single and return tickets
• DB tickets within Germany are valid for one day up to 100 kms, or longer distances 4 days (Single), 1 month (return) for longer distances. SNCF and all international tickets are valid for 1 month, except for 'Global' priced tickets such as Eurostar™, City Night Line, Thalys, TGV/Elipsos, AVE and tickets in Sweden which can only be used on specified service. Other international services may require us to issue tickets up to one or more borders of each country transited - this is not a changing point.
Advance Purchase tickets
• These tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
Other reduced fares
• Leisure (France), Youth and Senior and some other discounted return fares allow at least one change up to the day before departure, but are non-refundable once issued.
• Eurostar Senior and Youth fares are non changeable and non refundable.
Full Fare tickets
• These are exchangeable and refundable up to the day before departure, but not afterwards.
• These are refundable up to the day before departure, but not afterwards.