Payments, Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions for all bookings
- All information provided on this website is subject to change and availability.
- In the first instance, bookings can be made by completing the enquiry form on our website which will automatically generate an email to email@example.com. You will receive an automatic confirmation that your request has been received by return email.
- On receipt of your booking request, we endeavour to reply to you within 48 hours with a fully detailed itinerary and quotation.
- On Track Rail Tours are not financially responsible for any financial loss caused by missed connections. Before boarding a train, check departure screens or station staff that you are on the correct service. In the event of a delayed or cancelled service the ticket will need to be endorsed by the train conductor or at the booking office locally.
- Each person travelling must have a valid passport. On Track Rail Tours are not responsible for any financial loss caused by not having necessary passports and/or visas as required.
- Please ensure your travel insurance covers missed connections, delays, cost of replacement tickets, as well as accident, medical, theft cover etc. With the continued presence of COVID 19 in all our lives, we would advise all travellers to check their travel insurance policy includes enhanced COVID 19 cover.
- All bookings and prices are made subject to availability. In the case of travel at busy periods e.g. Easter, Christmas, School holidays, please be aware that often it may only be possible to book at higher fares or alternative dates/times. We will advise this at the time of booking.
- Problems are best resolved at the time they occur. Contact the hotel owner/manager or the senior conductor/station supervisor if you encounter difficulties. We can only follow up complaints up to 1 month from your return date.
- Payment is normally made by debit or credit card via our Stripe payment interface, however payment is also accepted by bank transfer, and an electronic invoice/receipt will be issued at the time of payment.
- Due to the time taken for clearance we can only accept cheques as a form of payment in exceptional circumstances.
Terms and conditions when purchasing short breaks or tailor-made holidays.
- A deposit of £250 per person will be taken when a booking is made or full payment if within 2 months of travel date. Full payment is due once the complete holiday arrangement is confirmed.
- Late bookings can be made up to 14 days before departure.
- Full details of your holiday will be confirmed when all the arrangements are booked.
- Travel documents will be forwarded by email at least 14 days before departure.
- Travel documents must be checked on receipt and any discrepancies advised within 7 days.
- After this period any changes will be charged as shown below:
Amendment and cancellation fees (for European Rail Breaks, Grand Tours and other special packages).
- Amendment fees for change of date is £50 per person, amendments not possible within 20 days before departure (subject to availability). This is subject to any increase in hotel and train tariffs which will be advised when the amendment is completed.
Cancellation fees are applied as follows:
Up to 30 days before departure = 25%
Up to 20 days before departure = 50%
20 days or less = 100%
These charges apply on receipt of written cancellation received by email.
Transaction fees for tailor made rail bookings.
- A non-refundable booking fee will be charged at the time of booking. This is calculated as a 10% charge on the total cost of all rail tickets per person (capped at a maximum value of £25.00 per person), plus a personal charge as follows:
Adults – £6.00 per traveller
Youths – £4.00 per traveller
Children – £2.00 per traveller
Senior Citizens – £3.00 per traveller
Infants – free of charge
For any ticket amendments or cancellations a fee of £10.00 per traveller will be charged.
FARE CONDITIONS AND OTHER INFORMATION.
- Specific fare conditions apply to all purchased rail tickets, and these will all be confirmed to you by email prior to booking. Although rail companies can vary in their charges for amendment or cancellation, the most common tickets you’ll find will be:
Fixed tickets: non-exchangeable and non-refundable after purchase.
Flexible tickets: exchangeable and refundable up to the day before departure, but not afterwards.
Most train journeys can only be booked 3-6 months before return travel date. We will hold your hotel reservation with a deposit until we can complete your holiday reservation. Once all of the tickets are available to purchase we will contact you again and confirm with an invoice including details of any deposit already paid. There is no extra charge for this service.
Eurostar tickets are priced in £ sterling, with all other European rail tickets being priced in Euros converted to £ sterling at a fixed exchange rate decided by the company.
Once your trip has been finalised we will contact you by email with an invoice showing all of your travel details and a link to our payment providers Stripe. Stripe accept payment from all major credit cards, so simply follow the instructions shown to complete your payment. From the invoice sent to you, enter the amount payable and follow the instructions shown until the payment has been confirmed as complete.
Once payment has been received, an email will be sent to you as a receipt of purchase. We will then forward all of your tickets for you to print at home and keep safe for your trip, however if you lose these at any time we can resend these to you! If you have any difficulty using this service, or would like to pay for your tickets personally or pay via bank transfer, please contact us on 08443 574 499.
With the continued presence of COVID 19 in all our lives, we would advise all travellers to ensure that they take out appropriate and adequate travel insurance that includes enhanced COVID 19 cover. You can use any of the major price comparison websites to choose your ideal level of cover, but when reviewing these, please ensure that these insurance policies should include:
- Cancellation if you or anyone covered by the policy gets a positive coronavirus test in the two weeks before you travel.
- Medical costs if you get coronavirus while you are away.
- Additional transport and/or accommodation expenses if you fall ill with coronavirus while you are away.